Life And Works
Haji Mohammed Salim, the Managing Director of Madina Group, hails from a respectable Muslim family of Dhaka City
having a long-standing business reputation. He has earned name and fame among the business community for his
outstanding quality and business activities.
Apart from his business life, Haji Mohammed Salim is a highly praised as social worker and popular personality with a
commitment to work for the welfare of the people. He is the founder of Haji Salim Oxford English, Haji Salim University
College and orphanage. He has also established and repaired more than a hundred of Mosques, Madrashas and orphanage.
He is also a plan to set up a modern hospital in the name of his father late Haji Chand Miah Shardar. To rehabilitate destitute
women, Haji Salim has founded a women training and rehabilitation center in the name of his mother Saleha Begum.
In recognition of his contribution to the society, people elected him Member of Parliament (MP) in the seventh Parliament
from the Dhaka-8 constituency. Earlier, he was also elected Commissioner from Dhaka City Corporation’s 65 and 66 no.
words in 1994. His business attachment with India, USA, Australia, Indonesia, China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore,
Bhutan, Vietnam, Dubai, Saudi Arabia bring him up a prestigious entrepreneur in international business sector.
He was involved in many social organization as below:
• President of governing bodies of 12 nos. secondary and higher secondary schools and college.
• Acting Mayor of DCC in 1999.
Currently he is holding below prestigious position
• President of fruits import and export business association.
• President of Babu Bazar and Badamtoly rice depot association.
• General Secretary Cement Owner’s association.
• Founder president of Atith Bandhan Somaj Kallyan Songtha.
• Member of FBCCI.
• Member of DCCI.
• Member of Chittagong boat Club.
• Member of Gulshan Club.
• Member of Chittagong Senior Club etc.
At present he has elected a Member of Parliament of 10th Parliamentary election
for Dhaka-7 constituency ( Lalbagh-Kotwali ).